Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Birthday, Christmas, Anniversary, Valentine's - whatever suits


This is an anniversary card for one of my brother's, but could also be used for Christmas or Valentine's, even a Birthday.  The gorgeous flower arrangement paper is part of a magazine advertisement.  One look and I knew it would be great for a card!  I hope you can tell that the white strip across the card is glitter paper.  Glitter is so hard to photograph.  The sentiment is a CTMH stamp.   What a quick and easy card!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Crafty Sentiments Design Blog - Birthdays
Sweet Stamps Challenge #148 - Glitter
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge #202 - Christmas Colors

Inkspirational Challenge #45 - Photo Challenge




11 comments:

  1. What a fantastic use of an advert it looks so good, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible idea, Debi, and that magazine pic is gorgeous! I love finding things like that and using them in unexpected ways. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful image- love it! A fun way to brighten it up- but not overdo it- to add the shimmer strip! Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative use for a magazine ad! Those flowers are beautiful and I like how you incorporated the glitter strip. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very versatile indeed, Miss Debi! It's very pretty - but especially for your anniversary card to your brother. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous birthday card. Thank you for sharing it over at the Crafty Sentiments Challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Debi, I love how you use different items on cards - the paper is beautiful - so creative!

    My computer died on Tuesday - very frustrating! I'm at the public library now getting caught up on my emails and blog reading - I missed it so much. Hoping to get my computer fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to up cycle that image…your card is lovely! Thanks for sharing at SweetStamps.com Glitter challenge! ~Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to recycle. The paper is so pretty and you've made a great card. Thanks for playing along at Inkspirational.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hi.